Monday, January 2, 2012

Merry something or another :-)

Christmas was not so great without you. It was, however, good enough. Our greatest additions to the family was a trampoline and daddy got a new leather recliner to watch football in... just in time for the bowl game marathon today.

Let's see... what else... Collin fell through the ceiling of the attic while helping put christmas decorations away. He's sporting an awesome sprained ankle for it. I'm still trying to get over shingles... and it sucks pretty bad. Cailey made it through the holiday's unscathed even though she got a pink bb gun for Christmas (a small miracle that nobody's been shot yet). Jon got more camo for his wardrobe than I have black clothes in my closet. Your aunt Lindsey moved... again. Chandler (your cousin) wrecked his 4-wheeler TWICE already, and once with Chloe (your other cousin) on it too. Poor babies both got scraped up pretty bad. Your great-grandmother was in town from IL and we got great pictures with her. Your nanna graduated college. That's just in the last two weeks.

I catch daddy daydreaming about you a lot lately. I do too. I think about the screaming and crying santa pics we're missing out on. The toys that you would've ignored and just played with the boxes instead. I mostly missed the feeling of holding you. It feels like a lifetime ago even though it was just 7 months past.

Today, a butterfly landed on my front windshield. A big one too. You don't see that too much in January so it really caught my attention. It brought you to the front of my thoughts again.  I don't know if I just notice these butterflies more, or are they really drawn to me and mean to get my attention. Either way, it's a nice reminder of a beautiful little girl that I love and miss so much. Our little girl in heaven.

1 comment:

Hannah Rose said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It's good to know we're not alone and others "get it." I have found so much encouragement in the blogging community. I'd love to have you follow along on my blog as well; www.roseandherlily.blogspot.com